I was instructed to take the waterproof dressing off after 10 days, which Tim did on my request, since the sticky part had really bonded with my skin. When it was off we saw that there were steri-strips under it. The bottom 2 fell off right away and we could see the incision and that it was healing well. What we did not see was staples. I touched all the strips, but couldn't feel anything that even remotely felt like staples. Looked at the referral form again and it said to book an appointment with my doctor for staple removal and wound inspection, which I had done. I went for my appointment after 2 weeks just to have the wound inspected. The doctor took the remainder of the strips off and sure enough ... no staples. Sutures were used that had all nicely dissolved. The incision was completely closed and the doctor gave the ok to go swimming! Life on the boat suddenly came more within reach, since swimming is a good exercise for me, but also a good way to have a bath. Boating even became more within reach after my physio appointment that afternoon. The therapist was really impressed with my range of movement, and being a former boat owner, did not see a reason not to head out. Just don't go when storms and such loom to minimize balancing in wild seas. Truth be told, we don't tend to head out in stormy conditions anymore. Learned our lesson in the past. Plans were being made right away. I should at least be able to walk to the boat using a cane, be able to step onto her and feel confident. Practice makes perfect. Walked to the boat from the parking lot (a distance of 300 metre one way) using the cane, stopped a couple of times to talk to people, hopped on and felt great.
In the meantime things happened around the house as well. My small flower garden is starting to show some colour and the hostas in the garden against the porch are doing really well.
We also have a lot of butterflies around. Monarchs and Black
Swallowtails in abundance, but also some butterflies that are completely
black. Never seen those before. Only picture I have is of one sitting
on the concrete walkway. One of these days I may just put a chair closer
to some flowers and see if I can take a picture then. For now this one
will have to do.
The contractor came by to block the garage walls. Will not be able to do much this year, because of a shortage in building supplies, but at least we can now plan to build this all too famous garage with loft next year.
Repeated the walk to the boat a couple of more times in the following days, and enjoyed a cold beer.We are planning to head out as soon as the wind allows it.
No comments:
Post a Comment