It is fast. More muscle pain with this anterior procedure, and I still don't have all of the feeling back in my upper leg, but every day there is a bit more. So, sore muscles, since they pull those out of the way, some nerves still have to heal (the surgeon does cut through those), but I didnt lose too much strength or mobility. Doing all my exercises, and then some extras for week 3 if I feel up to it. Also, the fact that there are no restrictions and I can bend and twist my upper body makes a big difference. Still walking with a walker, but hopefully can start using a cane soon.
And then, just to try things out this afternoon, we went to the boat. I stepped onto her, got down into the cockpit, sat in the sun, then decided to see if I could make it down below. I could! Also used the head, just to test myself. Next time I will try to make it into our bed, which could be a challenge.
Staples are coming out next week. I will also have my first physio appointment that day. I will not rush myself here. Have to be comfortable moving on the deck before we will head out.
No comments:
Post a Comment