Recipes

Thursday, December 13, 2018

A walk a day keeps the doctor away

Up here in the near North we have started an impromptu walking group. We meet around 3 in the afternoon with other like minded citizens, weather and workload permitting. Workload you say? You said you were retired!! No so fast there dear reader. Between fire department maintenance on the 3 trucks, helping out at community center events (I got a promotion...to chief dishwasher) and the care and feeding of the wood stove...we are pretty busy. Today though I took Stella and had a brisk walk of some 4.2 km. I know it is precisely 4.2 km because I have an odometer app on the cell phone which makes use of the cell phone's built in GPS. In my techie world of retirement it's one of the few apps I ever have allowed on the phone and only after careful research on what permissions the app requests. If the app wants access to the address book for example...forget it. Picture below shows the view from Mason Line to our home.
I have to stop typing now...the wood stove needs feeding.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment