Recipes

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

I jinxed winter, but we get our boosts another way

 And we still had a beautiful fall with mist, sun, and not too much rain as you can see in this picture.



 It's the kind of weather that makes you think you  have all the time in the world to get ready for Christmas decorations and baking. But then it happened the day after this picture was taken


Inspired me to make a thing and put Buddha beside it for good measure.



All this snow disappeared again, and we got, after the melt of it all, a good storm and after we measured close to 30 cm. The snowshoes came out off hiding and Tim broke the trail on our property.





In my optimism I also got us memberships to the Manitoulin Nordic Ski Club. They have groomed trails for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing all over the island. They also have a clubhouse with live music on Saturday afternoons. Not sure how that works with covid (I would guess not), but we get to see other parts of the island and meet other people. So I thought. Now we have a big melt again, and there may be 3 inches of snow left in the woods, if that. It will be mostly gone by tomorrow. No snowshoeing or skiing quite yet.

However, we are getting our booster shots tomorrow at the local pharmacy, 6 weeks earlier than what we were originally booked for
😷
🥂🍻🍷🍸

No comments:

Post a Comment