I had an eye appointment in Espanola and knew the optometrist would give me the drops to dilate my pupils in order to examine the back of my eyes. One of the side effects is that it really affects my vision. I always seem to have trouble estimating distances (as if I'm good in that in regular life), very sensitive to light and a general danger on the road if I were to drive back. Tim drove me to Espanola and did his own thing while I was in there, and drove on this really neat road that runs along Spanish River. After my appointment he took me and Stella there. Quite a view and it would be really nice to explore the river there by canoe or kayak.
Easter came and went with no company because we were still in lockdown, but the weather made up for it. We had sun, hardly any wind and temperatures in the mid teens. One day it even hit 20 and I decided to give the white sticks some exposure to the sun and put on my shorts. It also justified a beer on the porch.
My legs weren't the only thing coming out of hiding
All this had to come to a cruel end of course. After all, it's still April, and April has this will to be contrary, so, rain and colder temperatures came, followed by some days of nice weather again. We took Stella for a swim at a beach at a friend's place and at the dock.
Tim is also working on opening up another trail. It is a lot of work, and even I was pressganged into doing some cleaning up there. The end result will be well worth all the effort. We will have a separate posting with pictures in the next weeks.
The daffodils are almost ready to show their colours. Hopefully they will wait a bit since we have a few frosty days ahead of us.






No comments:
Post a Comment