Recipes

Monday, June 21, 2021

Do we miss the boat?

Yes, and no. The weather changed for the better and we could do all the jobs around the house that we had planned to do in past years, but never did, because there was a boat to prep for launch and then, once launched, she should be used. The part of waxing and washing the mighty Pinnacle we definitely do not miss. We also realize that we never really had taken the time to enjoy our property at his time of the year. 

While doing these jobs the weather got warmer, and we saw no rain of any significance till today, June 21. Just hot temperatures, nice breezes, and the water temperature in the North Channel going up. Yes, at those moments we miss the boat. Even started to look around to see what was out there. Not much, I can assure you. Plus, after working at chores around the house, we can look around with satisfaction of what we had accomplished so far, and planning our trip to Alberta in August. So, what did we all do? Here some pictures to show it all. 

We finished staining the chairs and enjoyed our morning coffee in them.


We visited our new "neighbours" in Elizabeth Bay, and Stella went for a swim there with her ball, which promptly sunk since there was a hole in it. Panic for Stella, since she is not a dog that will dunk her head under water to get something. Not when it's on the bottom anyway. The whining and distress was such that I had to come to the rescue. The water didn't seem that deep. Mistake! Well over my knees. Good thing was that it was, temperature wise anyway, agreeable. After that a beer and all was good again.


Put the chairs where I always envisioned them, and then of course this happened ... I started another garden

Tim added an Inuksuk to this garden


Tim really liked the cedar stain he used (very similar to cetol) and the colour, so he decided it was time to give the porch a stain job. The flaking of the old varnish exposed the cedar and it was time to undertake the enormous task of sanding and staining anyway, and now we had the time and energy to do it. The weather also seemed to cooperate. So ...


 

This is going to be a multi-stage project. The first section is now finished. We're just waiting for it to really harden and then the BBQ and furniture will be moved back.











In the meantime it got downright hot here, and no rain. I started to water the gardens that had some new stuff in them, and Tim looked at the grass that just started to dry, and decided it was time to put his watering system in place, which involves going to the dock, filling the tote and then sprinkle it all over, gardens included.



Since I took these pictures Tim has refined the system by connecting a horizontal piece of PVC pipe to the drain and now he drives around sprinkling tote after tote. So, I guess I will be cutting the grass later this week😉.

The flowers are blooming right now

 much to the liking of bees and butterflies 








 

Also saw this Luna Moth early in the morning

And there is always time to relax and play

Stella at her best behaviour at another neighbour's house, so was I, as the picture at the bottom shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment