Met with the surgeon online as well. He was quite happy with my progress, but told me that I would have to come to the hospital in Sudbury for my last check up. Hurray, excuse for a road trip.
I do miss the road trips and the dinner parties that we used to host. Last one we had was just after Christmas. It is ironic that now that I am physically able to go for road trips and exploratory walks again and host dinner parties, I can't. Not complaining too much though. We have a beautiful property that I hadn't walked for a year or so, and we live on a beautiful island, which makes for nice drives when going to the grocery store, etc. Here some pictures from the last weeks. You can also see how slowly but steadily spring made its entry.
My first walk on March 8.
We also had a woodpecker going for our cedar trees. This one was designing a multistory house by the looks if it. Left building materials all over the place as well. Sloppy!
Went for a walk at Elizabeth Bay for a change of scenery. Can't walk our forest yet because of the snow still left in the woods. Also you're protected from a west wind there. We've had a lot of those and still do have them.
Went for a mini-tour to the other side of Elizabeth Bay. Here the community church.
My first hike on our property with most of the snow gone. Less than my usual (usual since 1 week), but steady incline in the terrain. Thst must count for something. The beer bottle is there to mark the east boundary of our property. Standing on an unopened road allowance.
Ice is breaking up in the Gore Bay marina.
Snow is gone, so is the ice, and Stella had her first swim.
Hopefully we get this corona virus under control, and we can sip a beer of that name at anchor. If not ... gardening is an option, I guess.









No comments:
Post a Comment