Recipes

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Tim finds cooking a challenge

Timing, prepping, planning, it's just not for Tim. I had a lot of meals already in the freezer, but he also wanted to try. He's done trying. So, now that I'm more mobile, I plan and prep, etc. and then Tim will finish it under my guidance. Tonight was steak (fried in butter of course), asparagus and roasted  sweet potatoes. Delicious, and the steak fried to perfection.

I already walked around the  house quite a bit, and  from a parked car  to a doctor's office, but today
I went for my first real walk outside. The weather was springlike with temperatures of 8C and sunny. Didn't get far, maybe walked 250 meters, but every meter counts, especially when there is a bit of a hill! By then my old hip said "can't do this" and my back let me know that I'm out of shape. Tomorrow is serious rain, so a day of rest (aside from my 3 sessions of physio exercises) , but Tuesday I will try to get a bit further. The goal is to get back to being fully functional and moving about, without experiencing fatigue by mid May. By the way, no pain in the new hip! The odd little stab maybe, but not the crippling experience from before.

No comments:

Post a Comment