The picture says it all
March 2nd
After that snowfall we had a warm up period for a few weeks, and I dared to sit out on the porch in the sun, it was 14C out there, with a glass of wine, and all of a sudden, a bird landed on the other side of the porch, and took a chair to look at me. It was the smallest owl that i have ever seen. Tim was reading inside, and he saw the bird as well, and told me later that it was a saw-whet owl. Of course, I didn't bring my phone with me. So here is a picture of the owl that I grabbed from a bird site.Saw-whet owl
Of course this warm weather melted the snow, so I put the snowshoes in the shed! Little did I know that by commiting this hideous act I jinxed the weather.
This picture was taken on March 21. Good start to spring!
If only we had skates...
The next day it still came down; it was a 2-day event for us, for people in Eastern Ontario it was more of a 4-day event. This all was followed by winds, and because the branches were heavy, a lot of them snapped off, or even worse, whole trees came down. All of this led to major power outages. For some areas it lasted for more than a week!
After that the sun came out, and Tim went out to take some really good shots.
Followed by a major winter storm that closed several highways on the island and on the north shore. No pictures, because we're sick and tired of this forever winter.
The coming week we expect sun and warm temperatures, and all that white stuff will melt, and we can start the general cleanup.













No comments:
Post a Comment